Larmandier-Bernier Longitude Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut 1er Cru


Wine label
Bottle sizes:750 ML, 1.5 L, 3 L
Vineyard:Chardonnay from Vertus Premier Cru and from terroirs rated Grand Cru: Cramant, Avize and Oger
Orientation:Multiple sites, varied exposure
Soil:Chalk and limestone
Viticulture:The vineyards are farmed biodynamically and all grapes are hand harvested
Vinification:The wine is vinified in a combination of stainless steel, large barrels and barrique; sur lie in the winter.
Aging:70 % from 2012; 30% reserve wines. 4 gr/l dosage. Disgorgement: January 2017
Production:4,500 cases/year
Tasting:This cuvee known as Longitude references the fact that the vineyards form a line close to the 4th meridian. Longitude is also an allusion to the length and the very pure, frank and mineral style of these great terroirs, where the chalk is very close to the surface. 4 gr/l dosage; Disgorgement: January 2017


Wine advocate: 91
The estate’s NV Extra Brut Premier Cru Blanc de Blancs bursts from the glass with freshly cut flowers, crushed rocks, lime, lemon and a host of other citrus aromas and flavors. Elements of brightness and tension are woven throughout, adding a sense of proportion that is simply striking. Although totally alive and vibrant in the glass, another 3-6 months in bottle is probably a good thing. This release is 60% 2009 Chardonnay, plus 40% 2007 and 2008 Chardonnay. The Premier Cru village of Vertus accounts for 70% of the wine, while the remaining 30% comes from Cramant, Avize and Oger, all Grand Crus. Lot # LBB91211. Disgorged December, 2011. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2016.
Wine spectator: 90
An exuberant version, with a fine, creamy bead, this offers flavors of pineapple, mango puree, floral and poached apricot notes, backed by juicy, balancing acidity and hints of honey, candied ginger, spice and herbs. Drink now through 2016. 5,000 cases made. -AN
Antonio Galloni: 93+
Larmandier-Bernier's NV Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Longitude 1er Cru is a powerful, tightly wound wine that captures the inherent energy of these soils rich in limestone and chalk. The trademark Larmandier-Bernier breadth comes through, but it is also tempered by the wine's tightly wound sense of energy. Citrus, orchard fruit, dried herb and crushed flowers all develop nicely. Above all else, though, the Longitude is a wine of mineral-driven intensity and focus. Ideally, readers should be prepared to cellar this edition for at least another 2-3 years. The Longitude is a gorgeous, striking Champagne, but it is also one of the most reticent wines in this range. Dosage is 4 grams per liter. Disgorged: July 2014.