Alegre y Valganon Tinto Rioja
Alegre y Valgañon
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Appellation: Rioja
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Red Blend
- Varietal notes: 75% Tempranillo, 25% Garnacha
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: The Tempranillo vines are small plot bush pruned vines in the Monte Obarenes zone of Rioja Alta. That is blended with a touch of Garnacha from Cardenas zone. The Garnacha from Cardenas is the "secret" to the elegance and fame of Vina Real.
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Viticulture: old vines bush pruned. All work is done by hand without herbacides or fertilizers.
- Vinification: 35 day maceration/fermentation with wild yeasts and stems
- Aging: 12-18 months in a mix of various sizes of used French oak barrels.
- Production: 10,000 bottles approximately