Anne & Herve Sigaut Chambolle-Musigny Les Chatelots 1er Cru
Anne & Herve Sigaut
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Appellation: Chambolle-Musigny
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Pinot Noir
- Vineyard: Nearly 50 year old vines in Les Chatelots, this 2.96 hectares 1er Cru vineyard sits close to the village of Chambolle and part of the vineyard adjoins Charmes.
- Orientation: South/Southeast
- Soil: Clay-limestone with a fair amount of stones
- Viticulture: Lutte raisonée, organic after the flowering
- Vinification: Traditional vinification; 7 day cold maceration, 3 week alcoholic fermentation.
- Aging: Aged in French barrels, 30% of which are new
- Publication: Burghound
- Rating: 89-91
- There is a hint of herbal tea to the aromas of pomegranate, kirsch and soft spice nuances. The supple, round and delicious middle weight flavors possess lovely definition and energy if not the minerality on the mildly austere and moderately firm finale.