Bordelet Poire Granit [Cuvee 2016]
- Vintage: NV
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Normandy
- Appellation: Normandie
- Wine type: Sparkling
- Varietals: Pear
- Biodynamic: Certified
- Vineyard: Made with heirloom pears from over 300 year old trees grown in granite.
- Orientation: Multiple sites, varied exposure
- Soil: Granit based soils
- Viticulture: Hand harvested and farmed biodynamically
- Vinification: Fruit is dehydrated for 4-5 weeks and simply ground, pressed then settled for clarification before fermenting naturally.
- Aging: One continuous fermentation originating in tank and finishing in bottle. Bubbles develop within two weeks of bottling.
- Notes: Stony, chalky expressions on the nose with notes of fresh herbs, mint, pear, quince and pinepple. Complex pear flavors on the palate -- a very vinous style for the true afficianado.