Bordelet Sydre Argelette [Cuvee 2015]
- Vintage: NV
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Normandy
- Appellation: Normandie
- Wine type: Sparkling
- Varietals: Apple
- Biodynamic: Certified
- Vineyard: 1.5 hectares of antique varietal apple and pear trees that are 40-50 years old.
- Orientation: Multiple sites, varied exposure
- Soil: Argelette refers to the stony soil made of of silt and clay/silt and dates back to the Precambrian era.
- Viticulture: Orchards are farmed biodynamically
- Vinification: Bordelet’s entire production of fruit is hand-picked in wooden cases. The apples are are crushed and left to macerate on their skins for more extraction.
- Aging: Following the pressing, the alcoholic fermentation takes off, during which time the must is racked several times, and very lightly filtered. A small amount of residual is left in. The fruit is never chaptalized!
- Notes: Best described as off-dry, this cider is perfect for aperitifs and light meals