Cascina delle Rose Barbera d'Alba
Cascina delle Rose
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Appellation: Barbera D'Alba
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Barbera
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Rio Sordo in Barbaresco.
- Orientation: South - Southwest exposition.
- Soil: Calcareous limestone with sand.
- Viticulture: No chemical herbicides. Hand harvested.
- Vinification: The skins remained in contact with the must during the first fermentation that lasted for 7-10 days, followed by a submerged cap maceration. After the alcoholic fermentation, malo-lactic fermentation was completed in the cellar at temperature of 20°
- Aging: In traditional Slavonian oak cask of 10 - 20 hl for 15 months and matured in the bottle for at least 6 months. No filtration.
- Notes: The Cascina delle Rose property is five hectares in total. Three hectares of vineyards, 1.2 hectare of hazelnut trees, the balance is a small bit of woods and a house.