Castello di Verduno Barbera d'Alba
Castello di Verduno
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Appellation: Barbera D'Alba
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Barbera
- Varietal notes:
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Sourced from vineyards in the commune of Neive in the Barbaresco appellation.
- Orientation: Southern exposure.
- Soil: The white soil is full of limestone and clay.
- Viticulture: Hand-harvested around in mid-September.From four different parcels planted from 1950-1965.
- Vinification: Fermented in stainless steel for about ten days with periodic punching down of the cap.
- Aging: Aged for three months in Slavonian botti grandi followed by six months in steel and then three months in the bottle.
- Production: About 5,300 bottles.
- Notes: Some of the Castello di Verduno wines have a drawing of a flower found in the wine's vineyards.The Barbera d'Alba label has a drawing of buttercups.