Castello di Verduno Barolo
Castello di Verduno
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Appellation: Barolo
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Nebbiolo
- Varietal notes:
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Sourced from the Boscatto vineyard in the commune of Verduno.
- Orientation: East-facing at 290 meters in elevation.
- Soil: The soil is mainly chalky clay, known as the “Marne di Sant’Agata” (30% sand – 55% clay – 15% limestone).
- Viticulture: Hand-harvested in mid -October
- Vinification: The maceration in stainless steel tanks lasted 20 days, with daily punching down of the cap.
- Aging: The wine aged for 32 months in large Slavonian oak casks and 1 month in steel tanks, followed by 6 months in the bottle prior to its release on January 2017.
- Production: 233 cases produced.