Castello di Verduno Barolo Riserva Monvigliero
Castello di Verduno
- Vintage: 2011
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piedmont
- Appellation: Barolo
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Nebbiolo
- Varietal notes:
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Monvigliero in Verduno. Planted in 1967. A .3 hectare parcel.
- Orientation: South at 280m in elevation.
- Soil: "Marne di Sant'agata," which is 30% sand, 55% clay and 15% limestone.
- Viticulture: Hand-harvested around in the first week of October. Practicing organic.
- Vinification: Fermented in stainless steel for 30 days with periodic punching down of the cap.
- Aging: Aged for 30 months in Slavonian botti grandi followed by one month in stainless steel and then 40 months in the bottle before release.