Chateau de Grandchamp Montaigne-Saint Emilion
Chateau de Grandchamp
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Bordeaux
- Appellation: Montaigne-Saint Emilion
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Red Blend
- Varietal notes: 75% merlot, 20% cabernet franc, 5% cabernet sauvignon
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: 3.24 hectares situated in the high hills of the ancient commune of Parsac.
- Soil: Clay/limestone with iron flecks
- Viticulture: In organic conversion. All work done by hand with the sole objective of obtaining perfectly ripe and clean grapes. Triage is done in the vineyard and and the cellar.
- Vinification: Vinified in small, temparature controlled tanks.
- Aging: Combination of tank and one to two year old barrels. Always working to preserve the fruit throughout elevage.
- Production: 1,500 cases
- Notes: A smooth wine with nice character and balance.