Chidaine Montlouis Bournais [sec]
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Montlouis-Sur-Loire
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Chenin Blanc
- Biodynamic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Les Bournais is a site overlooking the Loire river. It had been abandoned for some time, but Chidaine believed it to be one of the very best sites in Montlouis, and planted vines here in 1999.
- Orientation: Northern exposure
- Soil: Unlike most of Montlouis, which is on clay and silex, or flint, Bournais lies on clay and limestone, and the name Bournais refers to the particular type of limestone found here.
- Viticulture: Farmed biodynamically, hand harvested
- Vinification: Vinified in stainless steel using indiginous yeasts
- Aging: Aged in a combination of tank and used demi-muids
- Notes: Chidaine’s goal is to vinify this dry and the result is a rich, full-bodied wine, probably the closest to Vouvray in profile of all of his Montlouis wines.