Chidaine Vouvray Argiles [sec]
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 1.5 L
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Vouvray
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Chenin Blanc
- Biodynamic: Certified
- Vineyard: A blend of various plots surrounding the Clos Baudoin, including L’Espagnole, Le Haut Lieu, La Chatterie, L’Homme and La Reugnières. Average of 40 year vine age.
- Soil: The clay here is deeper than in the Clos Baudoin.
- Viticulture: hand harvested and farmed biodynamically
- Vinification: Chidaine vinifies this dry, usually around 4 g/l of residual sugar, in stainless steel using indiginous yeasts
- Aging: combination of tank and used demi-muids
- Notes: This blend of top sites from the Vouvray appellation is always vinfied dry, usually around 4 g/l of residual sugar. It is fresh and open on the nose and has a bit more power and bredth than its Montlouis counterpart from Clos du Breuil.