The Crane Assembly Disciples Red Wine Napa
The Crane Assembly
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Appellation: Napa
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Red Blend
- Varietal notes: 93% zinfandel, 7% petite sirah
- Vineyard: There are 3 Vineyard sources for the Disciples Red Wine. One is Dr. George Beldon Crane’s original plantings that dates back to the 1880s, along with Morisoli vineyard in Rutherford and the Milat vineyard in St. Helena.
- Soil: Gravel rich soils and alluvial wash
- Viticulture: farmed using sustainable methods
- Production: 1400 cases
- Notes: Dark crimson in color, the strong, classic Zinfandel aromas of briar fruit and wild strawberries jump out of the glass and are complemented by hints of wet forest floor and high mountain forest. The entry gives way to a rich and textured mid palate of Mexican chocolate, brambly raspberry and a lengthy finish.