Vineyard: One of the single parcels of the estates 15 hectares named Moncerbal. The vines here are very old approaching the 100 year mark.
Orientation: Located on a very steep slope at near 750 meters in altitude. 80% of the vineyard faces SW the other 20% NE.
Soil: 100% friable schist
Viticulture: All vineyard work is done by hand or mule and biodynamically. The estate also practices organics.
Vinification: The grapes are hand sorted and destemmed and then macerated in oak fermentors for 25 days. No fining or filtering.
Aging: New French oak.
Publication: Wine advocate
The 2015 Moncerbal has more white grapes than 2014, because the white grapes were almost perfect and they thought they should go into the vat. The vintage was very complete that year with very healthy grapes. The wine is medium- to full-bodied, always showing that stoniness, austerity and minerality, even in a riper vintage like this 2015. Again, it reminded me of the 2012. 2015 was a generous vintage, and they were able to produce more, some 3,650 bottles and some other formats. It was bottled in May 2017.