Domaine aux Moines Savennieres-Roche Aux Moines
Domaine aux Moines
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Savennieres R Aux Moines
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Chenin Blanc
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: 9.6 hectares of Chenin blanc grown on hillsides along the Loire River.
- Orientation: South and southwest facing
- Soil: Schist with sandstone and clay
- Viticulture: Yields are kept extremely low, usually around 30 h/h, and all work is done by hand including the harvest which occurs slowly over a few weeks (5-6 "tries" or pickings). Will be certified organic in the 2012 vintage!
- Vinification: Fermented with indigenous yeasts in tank.
- Aging: Aged in a combo of tank and cask (220 and 400-liter, mostly used), with usually 65-75% tank and the rest wood.
- Production: 1,500 cases