Domaine de l'Ecu Mephisto [Cabernet Franc] Vin de France
Domaine de l'Ecu
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Cabernet Franc
- Biodynamic: Certified
- Vineyard: Cabernet Franc planted in a parcel dominated by Granite.
- Orientation: Southest facing
- Soil: Granitic subsoils
- Viticulture: Biodynamically farmed, soils are worked, leaf-pulling is done manually and all fruit is harvested by hand.
- Vinification: At harvest, all fruit is received in the winery via gravity (no pumps). Destemmed, 12 day cuvaison, all indigenous yeast fermentation.
- Aging: Aged in combination of amphora and old barrles for 15 months. Zero sulfur added.
- Production: 200 cases produced
- Notes: Expressive nose dominated by aromas of small black berries and white pepper. Palate is round and flattering. Fred sought finesse from beginning to end and his respect for the potential power and elegance Cabernet Franc are evident in the glass.This wine has charms abound.