Felsina Chianti Classico
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 375 ML
- Country: Italy
- Region: Tuscany
- Appellation: Chianti Classico
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Sangiovese
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: In the commune of Castelnuovo Berardenga, northeast of Siena and south of the Chianti Classico zone.
- Orientation: 350 - 420m in elevation.
- Soil: Quartzitic blue-grey sandstone mixed with sand strata, calcareous alberese mixed with alluvial pebbles.
- Viticulture: From the 1980s on, the vineyards were re-trained and reorganised in accord with research and experimentation centering on Sangiovese as the privileged variety.
- Vinification: Automatic daily punch-downs during fermentation at 28-30oC, followed by 12-15 day maceration. Draining-off after fermentation.
- Aging: Transfer in March-April to small and medium-sized casks for 12 months’ maturation. 3-6 months’ bottle-ageing.
- Production: 20,000 cases made.