Fleur de California Petite Sirah North Coast
Fleur de California
- Vintage: 2013
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Appellation: North Coast
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Petite Sirah
- Vineyard: Lanza Vineyards, Suisun Valley
- Orientation: Predominately North-South, level, windy site.
- Soil: Mixed clay-loams
- Viticulture: Vertical shoot positioned Bilateral Cordon. Extensive shoot and cluster thinning as well as wing removal where required.
- Vinification: 100% destemmed, cool (68 degree F) fermentation, maximum 7 days skin contact to fully extract color yet minimize tannin concentration.
- Aging: 20 months in 2-6 year old French oak. At least 50% thin-stave barrles for greater oxygen interaction.
- Production: 1300 cases
- Notes: The goal with the Fleur de California Petite Sirah is to make a softer, more fruit-forward wine, without the heavy tannins the grape is known for. The result is a food-friendly and versatile wine which drinks well in it's youth.