Gaujal St Bon Picpoul de Pinet Cuvee Dames
Gaujal St Bon
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc
- Appellation: Picpoul De Pinet
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Picpoul Blanc
- Vineyard: The vineyards are located in close proximity to the Mediterranean Sea, not far from the beach resort of Sete, southwest of Montpellier. Picpoul thrives in the hot climate and holds its acidity and freshness well. In fact, the name Picpoul is derived from the French words "picque," meaning sharp, and "poul," meaning lip...lip stinger!
- Orientation: Southern exposure
- Soil: Clay/limestone with sandy stone deposits
- Viticulture: All grapes are hand harvested. Yields are kept low in the 40 h/h range, while 60 h/h is permitted (and often exceeded).
- Vinification: Natural yeast fermentation in tank
- Aging: Aged on the lees for 7-8 months in stainless steel tank before bottling.