Isabelle & Denis Pommier Bourgogne Rouge
Isabelle & Denis Pommier
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Appellation: Chablis
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Pinot Noir
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Located on the Portlandian slopes of Montpierreux - Soleines
- Soil: Clay and chalk
- Viticulture: AgriBio certified since 2010. Farms organically and manually works the soils. Grapes are harvested in small cases of 15 kg and are immediately pressed.
- Vinification: Eight day cuvaison, malolactic in two year old french barrels.
- Aging: Matured on the fine lees for 15 months in barrel.
- Publication: Burghound
- Rating: 87
- Very ripe aromas combine notes of various dark berries with hints of earth, animale and leather. There is fine richness and unusually good volume to the full-bodied, concentrated and sappy flavors that exhibit notes of wood and rusticity on the solidly persistent finish. This is quite good for the genre and would make for a good house red.