Isle Saint-Pierre Rouge IGP Mediterranee VdF
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Rhone
- Appellation: Igp Mediterranee
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Red Blend
- Varietal notes: 40% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Franc, 10% Arinarnoa, 10% Petit Verdot
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: 200 hectares on an island by the mouth of the Rhone river.
- Soil: Sand, silt, alluvial soils of the Rhone
- Viticulture: Sustainable, no weed-killers, no synthetic fertilizers.
- Vinification: Classic, no special technology, just a temperature control with cooled panels during the fermentation in oreder to keep the genuine fruit. Varietals are macerating and fermenting separately, during +/- 20 days. The blend is achieved to reach the typical fruity-spicy character of this wine (Merlot and Cabernet Franc) but also to bring some nice structure and add a layer of complexity (Arinarnoa and Petit Verdot).
- Aging: Aged in tank