Lucien Muzard Maranges
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Appellation: Maranges
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Pinot Noir
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Sourced from two vineyards near Cheilly-les-Maranges, planted in the 1960s.
- Orientation: Southeast
- Soil: Heavy clay soils. The Muzard brothers refer to this soil as "sol amoureux" or loving soil as the clay sticks to your boots. You can always tell when one has been working in the Maranges vines!
- Viticulture: Organically farmed, leaf pulling, soils are worked, all fruit is hand-harvested.
- Vinification: Fermentation in tank with about 40% whole clusters.
- Aging: Aged 10 months, 30% in tank and 70% in 228-liter and 350-liter barrels, about 15% of which are new.
- Production: 500 cs annually
- Notes: Red fruited (pomegranite, cranberry) and spicy, with lovely fruit and fine tannins, this is an excellent value Burgundy from a gateway appellation.