Morin Bourgogne Rouge Circonstances
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Appellation: Bourgogne
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Pinot Noir
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: After losing 80-90% of his Chitry crop to frost and hail, Olivier was able to source fruit from a network of friends and fellow vignerons around the region. The fruit for this Bourgogne Rouge came from the village of Coulanges La Vineuse on the western side of the Yonne River (15 minutes SW of Chitry)
- Orientation: Multiple parcels, exposure varies.
- Soil: Clay limestone with some parcels on kimmeridgian.
- Viticulture: Olivier endeavored to buy from growers who work their soils and farm in tandem with nature.
- Vinification: Ripe and clean grapes are immediately pressed and wild yeast fermentation takes place in neutral barrel.
- Aging: Aged in tank
- Production: limited
- Notes: Sappy and bright, this Bourgogne Rouge is a pleasant surprise after traumatic losses from hail in frost in the 2016 vintage. Fortunately, Olivier was able to source fruit from a network of friends and fellow vignerons around the region. The name "Circonstances" refers to the unusual set of circumstances that led to the making of this unique wine.