Mourre du Tendre Chateauneuf-du Pape Tres VV
Mourre du Tendre
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Rhone
- Appellation: Chateauneuf-Du-Pape
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Red Blend
- Varietal notes: 85% Grenache, 15% Mourvedre
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Sourced from lieu-dits of La Crau, Les Bédines, Saintes Vierges. Very old vines of Grenache planted 1929-1943 and Mourvèdre planted in 1967.
- Orientation: Multiple parcels, varied exposure
- Soil: Sand
- Viticulture: Vineyards are worked manually and as naturally as possible in terms of chemical additions. Pesticides have never been used. Yields are kept extremely low. Grapes are hand harvested. Triage is done in the vineyard before grapes arrive at the winery.
- Vinification: Whole cluster, wild yeast fermentation, 20 day maceration to acheive color and aroma.
- Aging: In the style of Henri Bonneau, the wines are aged for a minimum of 3½ years in concrete tanks and old foudre, then bottled without filtration.