Pian dell'Orino Brunello di Montalcino Vigneti del Versante
- Vintage: 2013
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML, 1.5 L
- Country: Italy
- Region: Tuscany
- Appellation: Brunello Di Montalcino
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Sangiovese
- Biodynamic: Certified
- Vineyard: The 2013 "Vigneti del Versante" was sourced from their estate vineyards Pian Bassolino and Cancello Rosso -- both in Castelnuovo dell'Abate.
- Orientation: Both vineyards are facing South-Southwest and are at 340m in elevation.
- Soil: The soil is clayey, calcareous marl and rich in rock fragments.
- Viticulture: Certified Biodynamic. Hand-harvested between September 24 and October 3.
- Vinification: After manual harvest, the grapes are carefully hand-selected on the sorting table.The fermentatino began two days after the grapes were destemmed. Spontaneous fermentation proceeded slowly but steadily and took more than six weeks until all of the sugar had been transformed. The must macerated for a further three weeks on the skins.
- Aging: The wine aged in two 25HL oak barrels for 45 months.
- Production: 6,094 bottles, 255 magnums and 15 double magnums were produced.
- Notes: Since the 2004 vintage, Pian dell'Orino has classified their vineyards taking into consideration different aspects. According to them, the quality of every wine is related to aspects of a certain vineyard or part of a vineyard. Geological and lithological (releated to the study of rocks) parameters, soil texture, inclination, waters upply are only some o fthe paramters they considered. They chose the name "Vigneti del Versante" for the name of their Brunello di Montalcino. This name indicates simply that the grapes for this Brunello come from their own vineyards, all situated in the same macro-zone on the South-East slope of Montalcino.