Pignier Cotes du Jura Poulsard En Chone
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Jura
- Appellation: Cotes Du Jura
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Poulsard
- Biodynamic: Certified
- Vineyard: The vines are located in the Val de Sorne gorge on Montaigu's southern slope.
- Orientation: South/southeast-facing
- Soil: Gravelly-limestone and variegated marls
- Viticulture: Vineyards are farmed using biodynamic methods and the estate is Demeter certified. Because Pignier is the only grower in the village of Montaigu, they do not have to worry about the influences (such as chemical treatments) of neighboring domaines. All grapes are hand harvested and yields are kept extremely low.
- Vinification: De-stemmed and vinified in a combination of larger wood tanks and stainless using natural yeasts.
- Aging: Aged 8 months 300-600 liter neutral barriques. No sulfur added, no filtration.
- Production: Very limited