Salicutti Brunello di Montalcino Piaggione
- Vintage: 2013
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Italy
- Region: Tuscany
- Appellation: Brunello Di Montalcino
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Sangiovese
- Organic: Certified
- Vineyard: Sourced from the Piaggione vineyard.
- Orientation: South, southeast at 420-440 meters in elevation.
- Soil: Calcareous and marl.
- Viticulture: Organic farming. Hand harvested. Half of the vineyard planted in 1994, half planted in 2007.
- Vinification: Fermented in stainless steel with ambient yeast. 12 day maceration on the skins.
- Aging: Aged in in a mix of oak (5HL neutral Allier casks, 40HL Slavonian oak casks, 10-20 HL french barrels) for 36 months followed by 18 months in the bottle.
- Notes: Francesco Leanza, proprietor of Salicutti, was the first producer in Montalcino to attain organic certification.