Temperamento Bobal Utiel-Requena
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Spain
- Region: Utiel-Requena
- Appellation: Utiel-Requena
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Bobal
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: The Bobal vineyards are 60+ years old and in Camporrobles in Valencia. This area has a continental climate influenced by the Mediterranean sea.
- Orientation: The vineyards face the south east and are at an elevation of more than 3,000 feet. At this altitude, the nights are very cool and this helps the grapes retain their freshness.
- Soil: limestone poor in organic material, shallow soils
- Viticulture: practicing organic with very low yields. The vines initially were bush trained, but have now been moved on to trellises.
- Vinification: The grapes are macerated at low temperatures followed by natural fermentation. Malolactic takes place in barrel.
- Aging: 6-8 months in new French oak which has been seasoned for few months prior with white wine.