Trevallon IGP Alpilles Blanc
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Provence
- Appellation: Igp Alpilles
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: White Blend
- Varietal notes: 45 % Marsanne, 45 % Roussanne and 10 % Chardonnay
- Organic: Certified
- Vineyard: Marsannay, Roussanne and Chardonnay vines grown in the Trevallon Valley at the base of the rocky walls of the Alpilles mountain range.
- Orientation: North-facing toward the Alpilles range.
- Soil: Limestone, very rocky.
- Viticulture: Organically farmed. The Durbach family plows to encourage the roots of the vines to plunge deeper into the soil for water and nutrients, and they believe in pruning short, which not only reduces the yields but extends the life of the plant by 20 to 50 years.
- Vinification: Whole cluster, wild yeast fermentation in barriques with a small percentage of new. Aged for 1 year before bottling.
- Production: 650 cases
- Notes: The fact that the vines are grown on north-facing slopes gives incredible freshness and imparts a minerality and elegance to the Marsanne grape comparable with that found in a Hermitage white. The Roussanne is typically acidic and develops aromas of verbena, citronnella and honeysuckle. Eloi likens the addition of Chardonnay to adding salt and pepper to a dish.