Valle dell'Acate Cerasuolo di Vittoria
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicily
- Appellation: Cerasuolo Di Vittoria
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Red Blend
- Varietal notes: 70% NERO D'AVOLA, 30% FRAPPATO
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Low trained on wires system, spur pruned cordon, Approx 5.000 plants for hectare
- Orientation: Southeast. 150-200m in elevation.
- Soil: Locally known as "Milaro" - it is characterized by a particular substrate of calcareous sandstone, inter¬leaved with packets of clay that allow the vines to produce high quality grapes.
- Viticulture: Hand harvested.Low trained on wires system, spur pruned cordon, Yield for hectare: 5000 kilos
- Vinification: Fermented using indigenous yeast in stainless steel.
- Aging: Combination of stainless steel (for Frappato) and oak (for Nero d'Avola) for 12 months, and an additional nine months in bottle.
- Notes: Cerasuolo di Vittoria was one of the first Sicilian wines to attain DOC status, which it was awarded in 1973.