Villalin Quincy Grandes Vignes de Villalin
- Vintage: 2017
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Quincy
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Sauvignon Blanc
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Located in the heart of the Villalin lieu-dit. Five generations of family vignerons have worked the domaine’s 7.5 hectares of Sauvignon Blanc.
- Orientation: Blend of multiple parcels, varied exposure
- Soil: The vines are planted in a blend of sand and gravel, a mixture that captures and retains the sun’s heat easily. Its sandy composition particularly encourages acidity in Sauvignon Blanc, providing an ideal & complementary terroir to this tart variety.
- Viticulture: A portion of the vines are still worked with horse-drawn plows. Husband and wife team Maryline and Jean-Jacques Smith still harvest completely by hand
- Vinification: Fermented with indigenous yeasts in temperature-controlled tanks, creating the most natural wines possible that express the typicity of the Quincy soils.
- Aging: Aged in tank
- Production: 1,200 cases
- Notes: These are well-made, linear wines that would embarrass most wines from neighboring Sancerre!