Manatsuru was established in 1751 and became legendary in 1998 when the current toji took over and won every gold medal in sight.
• This sake embraces a truly purist philosophy; undiluted, unfiltered, unblended, pure rice sake made in the risky and labor intensive ancient yamahai method.
• Toji Izumi-san is on a quest to push the envelope of sake's flavor, structure, and appeal as we know it today. He has been quoted as saying "It is more important to be the only one than to be number one."
• This is a true microbrewery; with three total employees making 200 koku annually (4,000 x 9L cases)
- Brewery Name: Manatsuru Brewery
- Brewery Founded: 1751
- Toji (master brewer): Keisuke Izumi
- Brewery Location: Fukui
- Brewery President: Keisuke Izumi