Boulay Sancerre Comtesse
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Sancerre
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Sauvignon Blanc
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: From 50 year old vines located in the sweet spot of the Mont Damnes vineyard
- Orientation: South-facing slope
- Soil: Kimmeridgian Clay or "terre blanche" (similar to the soils of Chablis)
- Viticulture: Gerard works the soils manually, the vines are farmed using organic methods and all grapes are harvested by hand.
- Vinification: Natural yeast fermentation in 300L barrels (no new wood).
- Aging: Aged on the lees in a combination of barrel (300L, no new wood) and tank then bottled unfiltered in July.
- Notes: The most powerful and complex wine from Boulay's lineup, with an incredible intensity of fruit and a strong mineral core. Definitely one to put away and follow for years to come…