Chateau Sainte Marie Bordeaux Superieur Vieilles Vignes
Chateau Sainte Marie
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Bordeaux
- Appellation: Bordeaux Superieur
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Red Blend
- Varietal notes: 70% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc from vines planted in the 1970s. The vines are non-clonal, massal selection.
- Orientation: South-facing vineyard spanning two sunny hilltops, which are among the highest points in the Gironde region.
- Soil: Silt, clay-limestone
- Viticulture: The vineyard is farmed organically, yields are kept low, and grapes are all hand harvested, which is rare in the area.
- Vinification: Cool fermentation, skin maceration, stainless steel aging, and very light fining and filtering.
- Aging: 12 months in French oak (20% new)
- Production: 8,333 cases