Domaine aux Moines Le Berceau des Fees
Domaine aux Moines
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Vin De France
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Chenin Blanc
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: From the youngest vines on the property, bordered by a row of trees named "Le Berceau des Fees", the cradle of the fairies.
- Orientation: southwest-facing
- Soil: Schiste with some sandstone and clay
- Viticulture: Organically farmed.
- Vinification: Fermented in tank. Wild yeast fermentation, minimal sulfur used (usually only at bottling).
- Aging: Aged on the lees in tank.
- Production: Limited.
- Notes: A new wine from Tessa Laroche, which speaks to her passion for well crafted natural wines and her endless quest for deliciousness. Floral, incredibly fresh and zippy, this young vine Chenin is more reminiscent of Anjou Blanc than of its home terrain of Savennieres, which is normal according to Tessa as it not within appellation Savannieres!