Domaine de l'Ecu Love & Grapes Nobis Syrah VdF
Domaine de l'Ecu
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Vin De France
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Syrah (Shiraz)
- Organic: Practicing
- Biodynamic: Practicing
- Vineyard: 25-30 year old Pinot Noir vines.
- Orientation: Southwest facing
- Soil: Subsoils of Gneiss and Orthogneiss
- Viticulture: Farmed using organic and biodynamic practices, soil ploughing and scraping; rigourous canopy management.
- Vinification: At harvest, all fruit is received in the winery via gravity (no pumps). Short cuvaison, whole cluster fermentation for one week followed by pneumatic press. All wild yeast fermentation.
- Aging: Aged in amphora for 8 months. Vinified without sulfur, no fining or filtration.
- Notes: Fred Niger's glou glou Syrah is meant to be enjoyed for fun sans fuss with a group friends. Charcuterie and fries are magic pairings.