Mas de Daumas Gassac Rouge
Mas de Daumas Gassac
- Vintage: 2016
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc
- Appellation: Saint Guilhem-Le-Desert Igp
- Wine type: Red
- Varietals: Red Blend
- Varietal notes: 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petite Verdot, 3% Malbec and others
- Organic: Practicing
- Vineyard: Terroir de Gassac Valley, 25-30 year old vines. Cool microclimate derived from Gassac River and nearby mountains and sea.
- Soil: Red glacial deposits
- Viticulture: Estate has been farmed in the traditional and natural way for a thousand years before the Guibert family established the Grand Crus vineyard of Gassac. The Guiberts have maintained the same respectful approach to preserve nature's balance.
- Vinification: Long fermentation and maceration (minimum of 20 days) in stainless steel tank. No filtration.
- Aging: 13-16 months in oak barrel (max of 10% new wood)
- Production: 120,000-150,000 bottles
- Notes: A vintage of harmony, finesse and elegance.